- Lido is currently voting on the creation of a Community Staking Module. The Module will expand Lido’s node operator set by allowing permissionless entry into the validator pool. This proposal is an essential step in decentralizing Lido.
- Rocket Pool is voting to create an on-chain pDAO for their protocol. The on-chain DAO and governance process would allow node operators to issue proposals to adjust protocol parameters and spend treasury funds.
- Synthetix is voting on a proposal to completely halt weekly SNX inflation – a potential solid catalyst for the token.
Forum Thread Of The Week
BoredElon, a notable Twitter personality, has proposed that ApeDAO establish a video game school for Bored Apes to transform them into skilled gamers and improve their reputation within the gaming community. The plan involves setting up a physical school with top-tier gaming equipment, hiring experienced instructors, and covering various expenses such as construction, operating costs, marketing, and legal fees. The estimated budget for this project is $20,000,000.
Although a fun proposal, I doubt this is serious. A DAO funding a physical school or location is extremely challenging and unrealistic at this point. But this begs the question, why the proposal? Buried in the proposal is a link to Bored Elons Twitter, where he highlights a game debuting today: Snowcrush. I know little about the game, but Reach is sponsoring the event, and their token goes live on Dec 18th. The proposal could be the start of a hype drive for both projects.
I should note that, unsurprisingly, responses to the proposal, at least in the forum, were positive. Bored Elon could’ve run with it.
- Alchemix plots a path forward in re-backing alETH and reimbursing hack victims.
- The debate around Apechain gets more complex with Horizen Labs proposing to build it with Arbitrum tech instead of Optimism.
- Paraswap is considering burning 400M tokens to reduce the supply overhang on their token.
- Uniswap has proposed lowering their onchain proposal threshold from 2.5M UNI to 1M UNI to broaden the delegate base to submit proposals.
- Yearn Finance considers limiting individual LSTs to a max of 1/3 of their yETH Pool to reduce governance manipulation and increase diversification.