It’s been a plentiful year for investors. If you’re looking to maximize the impact of year-end giving (in a tax-deductible fashion), the Restore Earth campaign from Angel Protocol may be one of your best bets. They’ve pioneered a novel approach called Generative Giving, where you don’t simply donate some of your gains, have the nonprofit organization convert it to USD, and call it a day. Instead, your donation is sent to endowment accounts that generate defi-grade yield for nonprofits in perpetuity – all by using the relatively low-risk Anchor protocol on Terra.
Take that concept and add Galactic Angel NFTs (a Galactic Punks collection) for donors – as well as instant tax receipts – and you’ve got one of the more compelling options around for year-end giving.
Here’s how it works:
- Donate UST, LUNA, ETH, or BTC on their campaign website before Jan. 1st
- Instantly receive a tax receipt, if requested
- Get a Galactic Angel NFT airdropped in January, part of a new Galactic Punks collection
- Receive a HALO token airdrop next year (amount TBD), the soon to be released governance token of Angel Protocol
For the Restore Earth campaign, donations are evenly split between perpetual endowments for three NGOs helping to restore the planet from different angles:
- Global Brigades is a broad scope international development organization working on poverty alleviation and sustainability, with Restore Earth funds going towards an aggressive reforestation campaign in the watersheds of rural communities around the world.
- SELF (Solar Electric Light Fund) designs and implements solar projects – where otherwise there might be coal plants – for disadvantaged communities around the world, to advance their levels of healthcare, education, water and food security, and economic development.
- The 5 Gyres Institute is a leader in the global movement against plastic pollution with more than 10 years of expertise in scientific research and engagement on plastic pollution issues. They empower meaningful, upstream action through science studies, digital education, and local/national advocacy.
It’s been an aggressive year for Angel Protocol, who will also be launching the LBP for their $HALO token in a few weeks (full disclosure: Delphi Digital helped design the tokenomics), having recently completed 100% of their token farm on Apollo.
To donate or learn more, visit the campaign website at restoreearth.io, or see the tweets below:
— Terra (UST) 🌍 Powered by LUNA 🌕 (@terra_money) November 30, 2021
RESTORE EARTH 🤝 GIVING TUESDAY#LUNAtics care not only for the 🌖, but also for the 🌎
— SJ Park 🌖 (@sjpark_TFL) December 1, 2021
— Angel Protocol 😇 (@angelprotocol) November 30, 2021