- Uniswap v2 trading volume dominated by memecoins
- Futures and perps liquidations over the last three days
- Perp Protocol recapitalizes its insurance fund
- Metamask earns nearly a million dollars a day in swap fees
- DOGE inspired tokens have attracted significant trading volume on Uniswap.
- SHIB, the top traded token, is up 38x in the last 30 days.
- Yesterday’s dip liquidated close to $400 million of ETH futures and $490 million of BTC futures.
- A majority of liquidations on this dip came from Bybit (known to be a popular trading avenue for aggressive retail traders) which suggests this was a minor leverage flush.
- Metamask introduced swaps in Oct. 2020 and is facilitating over $100 million in daily volume. At the current pace of growth, Metamask is estimated to earn over $20 million in swap fees for May 2021 alone.
- Metamask currently averages over 8000 daily active users for its swap feature, and represents the first instance of the wallet attempting to monetize its user base. Needless to say — it’s going pretty well.
- Perp Protocol’s insurance fund has been recapitalized by BAL rewards the protocol earns from its Balancer pool. $1.41 million of USDC was added.
- The protocol’s insurance fund has been losing money in recent weeks as a result of the fund participating in funding payments.
Crypto punks make their way to New York City.
CryptoPunks all over NYC pic.twitter.com/rilHJKgxEz
— JUSTIN (@justintrimble) May 10, 2021
Sky Mavis, the game studio behind Axie Infinity, raises Series A funding.
We’re ecstatic to announce a Series A funding round for Sky Mavis ??
The funding will help us create economic freedom for gamers by accelerating the development of Axie infinity and our NFT-gaming tools ??
Full announcement ?https://t.co/lnuyDk0Ehf
— Axie Infinity (@AxieInfinity) May 11, 2021
Ethereum miners earned $100 million in daily fees.
~$10/day to ~$100M/day in 6 years pic.twitter.com/vciANOke4W
— Justin Ðrake ?? (@drakefjustin) May 11, 2021