📊 The DeSocial Protocols – 4/24
- When you use a centralized social app, your social graph (the entirety of your experience on the platform) exists at the whims of those who control the platform.
- Nostr, Lens Protocol, and Farcaster are communication protocols rather than centralized apps.
- When the user ID and content are secured by credibly neutral protocols as opposed to clients/apps, the power structure shifts from clients/apps to users.
- DeSocial protocols are not replacing Twitter or Facebook. They are building open networks to host more equitable versions of those entities.
- Nostr has no on-chain component (except for Zaps), Farcaster uses Ethereum only as its identity layer (FIDs & FNames), and Lens puts the entire social graph on-chain via NFTs.
- In this follow-up report, we shift our focus to the realm of NFT finance, specifically examining lending and borrowing protocols on the Solana blockchain.
- In addition, we go into an in-depth analysis of NFT collections hosted on Solana, shedding light on their unique characteristics and potential for growth in this market.
- There are 3 major NFT lending/borrowing protocols on Solana — Sharky, Citrus, and FRAKT.
- Several original collections that launched in the early days of Solana NFTs (2021) are still thriving.
- Launched in November 2022, Claynosaurz is a digital collectible that has quickly become one of Solana’s top collections.
- Delphi Co-founder & Head of Research Kevin Kelly joins Founder & CEO of Real Vision Raoul Pal for another edition of Crypto Insiders where they dig into the most pressing questions at the nexus of crypto and macro.
- This week, we revisit altcoin open interest dominance and Treasury volatility, explore the “sell in May” meme’s relevance to crypto, and discuss the upcoming FOMC meeting, potential all-time highs, and whether we’re in altseason.